Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I can put t shirts' designs together and make a quilt top.  I cut them out nice and square.... I did not cut these out.... So you get to see them now, and I will try to make the quilt top out of them....

Not sure I'll be able to use them all....

OMG....

Not sure how great the sissors were that she has.  This will be a true challenge....

I can appreciate that people want to help and make things easier for others.  I have tried to do things also... but maybe you have to ask if that is a good thing, or how much space to leave round the designs to make it easier.  

Ok, I have to leave that alone now.  I am almost finished with "Press Any Key".  Remember that one?  Will take a picture of it tomorrow.  Just been going over it to make sure I have quilted all the little blocks.  Been taking it to bee every week.  So I haven't gone from one side to the other... when you leave off somewhere, and just pick it up the next week "where ever",  then it's easy to skip a place or two.  I also thought that it needs alittle more quilting in some of the circles.  There are 3 sized circles.  The smallest don't need quilting, but the medium and the large do.   Then on the back, I need to put on a casing and the label right away.  I don't like to go back and find out that I forgot those.  I did try to photograph many pieces (way back in January) and more than half of those didn't have labels!  So I had to make labels one day and just sew them on....

I have been looking at the catalog for the Houston show!  Wow.  So many classes and lectures.  I can see why people go for days.  I wasn't planning on taking any classes, but there is one about marking a whole cloth quilt with feather designs that you make yourself!  So many times you can learn the tricks and hints and save yourself soooooo much time.  So I might have to take that class.  I just can't bring the sissors that you need.  Wonder if I can bring a rotary cutter on the plane?  Anyone?

Got to go and have a chocolate snack.  Just need to go laugh and veg for a minute!  Talk amongst yourselves....
Patty

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Patty. You could always leave those jagged edges as part of the quilt--just top stitch them to another piece of fabric. Otherwise, good luck! I liked your log jam possibilities--really cool. I'm glad you liked the Tentmakers' work. Thanks for stopping by. And have fun in Houston. Wish I could go with you and I hope you'll post a lot of pictures!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete