Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Remember the fun I was going to have this morning....?  Well the weeds were laughing at me, so I went out and ripped them out!  Before....

And after!  Nasty things.  How can they grow so well when so many of the nice plants are crapping out.  I hate gardening.  When the guy came to landscape the house (which I had already tried for 5 or 6 years and everything had died), he asked what I wanted in a garden.  Lots of texture, color, and I only want to do 2 hours of gardening a year.  Ok, he did pretty good with the plants.  But you still have to weed and mulch.  And remove the dead plants...   I was dripping with sweat this morning.  It's like Louisiana out there!

I did see this thing with pots on a rebar.  Very cool.  You need the rebar into the dirt for support.  4 pots and dirt and plants...

Ta-da!  Isn't that cute?!  It's so easy to do.   Just make sure the first one is tipped and has a rock under the one side.

This is just outside my sewing room window so I can enjoy the flowers, color, and see when it needs watering.....and when to replace the dead flowers. 

This is another part of the front garden.  That plant in the middle didn't stand a chance in the heat when we were in England. 

And a couple more that are crapping out.  what can I say.  I need to find other plants that are interesting to look at, and are super hardy.

I hate electrical things today.  The computer, or comcast have been bugged up for a few days.  Tonight the a/c started leaking in the basement.  The dehumidifer was dying so Terry changed it out and the new one leaked the first night.... so I'm trying to get the old one to keep going.... called the a/c guy and he may be able to fit us in tomorrow afternoon. 

And then the tv locked up.  WHAT IS GOING ON?.... So I think it's time to hand quilt.  I just don't want anything else to mess up around here.  I know heat and humidity are driving everything crazy.  But just don't let anything else break....

Is it Thursday yet?  I need bee! 
Patty

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos!

    Sorry to learn that you were having a little trouble with electronics. If you need further assistance with Comcast, please feel free to contact me.

    Best regards,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete