Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Gardinia is actually getting flowers on it this year!  Amazing....

This is what most of my stuff usually ends up looking like.... house plants do much better.

This is my dragon from Laura Wazalaski's class!  I do love dragons.  This is going into the "Itty Bitty Quilt Show" in the Appalachian Arts and Craft Shop in Norris.  That's in July.  Also on July 4th for one day ONLY, a quilt show up in Norris.  Worth going to see that and all the activities that go on during the 4th of July there.

This is the next quilt for me to work on for customer.  I got it all pieced, marked, and basted.  Now.... ready....set....GO!  And I'll start quilting it tonight or tomorrow.  It was a panel that I cut up and pieced together with other blocks.  It is a pattern in a magazine.  Pretty easy.  And I love the content. 

It was 55 out this morning!  After 3 or 4 days of 90 something heat, it was a wonderful feeling to head out and not feel like you walked into a sauna.  I am doing the weekend stuff around here and the end of the month stuff... you know, change air filters, water filters, water plants, clean bathrooms and other stuff.  Just not a fun list of things, but very neccessary.  And there's no one else around to get them done! 

Went to breakfast with my friend Brenda.  We tried out a new place to us, called the Plaid Apron.  What great food!  All locally grown things, so their menu will change depending on what they can get.  It was delious!  Then we walked around and enjoyed the cool air and the beautiful gardens.  Went to a couple of shops and then headed home.  We always catch up on what has happened in the last month (or so) and have been friends for over 30 years!  Always make time to be with friends!  It is reguvenating!  Easy to laugh.  I love it. 

The guild meeting is tuesday night.  Look forward to show and tell!  Need to figure out what to bring!  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment