Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

These are the samples for the curved piecing vest class.  Picked them up from the shop yesterday.  Shows the different directions you can place the lines.  Class only had 2 or 3 people sign up.  Need a few more to make it go.

Here's my vest that I wear all the time.  Love the colors!  And the movement in the lines are fun!

Back side!  The print is wonderful!  Like the zentangles that we did at a guild meeting!  Wish I had gotten more of that one! 

I hand quilt.  This is the frame that I normally have a quilt in it alllllll the time.  So while there isn't a quilt in it, here's what it looks like.  Wooden sides.  There is a "wing nut" in opposite corners of the outer rim for adjustments.  The muslin strips are what I roll up the sides of the quilt that hang down, to keep them off my lap when I'm quilting.

Cardtable legs, so you can fold it closed "when" it's not being used....but it's up all the time.  I do have a chair on both sides.  I quilt down one side, then switch to the other side and quilt down that.  Then you move the quilt to another section and quilt again.  I have been using this frame for 30 years.  It's great.  The legs are alittle wonky after years of holding up big quilts, but it's pretty sturdy.  I did tie some muslin strips around where there are a few sharp edges on the metal.  I could have gotten something and sanded those down, but fabric was handy, and that's quicker to me.

You can see in the background about 1/2 of the books I have on mainly quilting.  There are several on clothing construction and design, and art books.  I love having books.  It's eye candy.  Can sit and drool over them at any time.  Fewer calories than chocolate.  I also don't remember things as well as I used to, so the books keep that there for me to revisit at anytime. 

I'm off to bee soon.  As soon as the laundry is in the dryer.  Plenty to do before I can leave the house.  Wrote out the bill paying stuff...will grab a lunch on the way there.  Hate to think about food, but I get hungry a few times during the day.  Just so much to do before you can slow down and have a laugh with friends!!!

Enjoy the day!  Quilt, sew, laugh!  Patty

1 comment:

  1. I love your frame.

    I have a round hoop on a stand that I use when hand quilting. I was trying to figure out a way to "hoist" the rest of the quilt off the floor so that it didn't get tangled up in the base of the stand (or my legs) but I couldn't think of how to do it.

    I can't quite figure out how your muslin stips work from your picture so I don't know if that would work for me. . . hmmmm, I'll have to think on that.

    Happy quilting,

    ReplyDelete