Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

So?  What have you been up to?  I have been concentrating on quilting this piece. A holiday weekend is my time to do my own work.  My hand is so tired and sore after 2 intense days of quilting.  Shall I stop...nay.  I am waiting for the sunday paper to get here.  I woke up at 5:15am, and just didn't want to go back to sleep.  I have such weird, sometimes terrible, dreams that it's better to just get up.

Can you see the quilting?  Each block is different.  Took me 4 hours to mark.  I really want this one done and out of the way.  Just too many others to work on. 

Ok, blue is my favorite color.  Want to make something of it!  It gets to be a joke, but I don't understand why all the time.  ...just go with it.  Not like I'm the only one with a favorite! (Ok, you can tell I needed more sleep!)

I was thinking about the Sunday Paper.  Do you know that my parents never let us read the main news in the papers when I was growing up?!  I guess they were just shielding us or thought they were protecting us in someway.  But when I started to find out about all the problems in the world, it was unreal to me.  Very difficult to understand the hatred and malice of people.  So I'm glad in a way that they did it.  But, I had to catch up on current events quickly.  Learning history shouldn't be about what happened yesterday...

It's easy for me to tune things out that I don't like.  I do learn more about them before saying it's a load of crap.  I don't try to tell people how to run their lives, and I really don't want or need anyone else to tell me how to run mine.  So I usually steer clear of people who constantly tell you how to handle things, or what I should be doing.  I do my own thing.  I am an adult now.  Something else that some people don't seem to get.  Just because I'm happy and having a good time doesn't mean I'm childish, or child like.  Would you believe I'm going to be 60 next year?  They say it's the start of another childhood.  I haven't given up the orginal one.  I feel sorry for others who have. 

Too deep?  What's your favorite color?

What if Zebras were green?
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment