Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Made this a while ago and a friend wants one in yellow with black and white!  Sweet.  Almost forgot to make it.  So I dug out the colors late yesterday and got started.

Here's the begining of the purse.  Getting the lower petals on.  Will do more on it later today.  It's bee day!  Want to get my haircut, then have to go to about 2 or 3 places....errands do get in the way of life!

While on that trip with Terry, I got this dragon!  The colors are much more vivid than in the picture!  It's rayon so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with it.  The corners are pulled out.  I think it was probably hung up in the shop for a while.  Love it anyways!

Next panel that will get cut up and made into a wall hanging!  Will get started on that next week.  So much fabric... need to play.

I have alot of dragons around the house to protect us.  He's holding a thimble! 

Gandalf is here to, to keep the dragons in line.  The glass dragon was given to me by a good friend.  She found it in Dollywood!

This is cross stitched by Margaret.  She lives in England and came over to visit with Enid, my mother in law.  I took Margaret to 13 fabric shops and she dragged home a ton of fabric.  Ask Ken, my father in law.  He had to carry the bags!  She was happy for years!

Little dragons are in the sewing room.

More dragons....

....and more dragons with a fairy. 

This quilt showed up at the guild meeting.  It has 2 wool batts in it for warmth.  The woman's husband picked out the fabrics!

And I showed this quilt.  Next one to be quilted.  It's postage stamp sized pieces in an Irish Chain design.  All basted ready to go.  Alittle marking in the white areas.  Small piece.  Will be a pleasure to work on this.  I love finishing up old quilt tops.  Someone has put a tremendous amount of time into this already.  It needs to get done.

Seems the more I have to work on, it's like an avalanch.  Just keeps building and I flit from one project to another.  I don't get bored.  I can't wait to get them all done to start on more.  It's a feeding frenzy somedays and I love it.  I have stacks and boxes of ideas.  Magazines up the wahzoo and shelves of books.  Time is the problem... now if life would part and let me get on with all that I want to make. 

I need a secretary, cleaning woman, cook, and personal assistant who can also pick out my clothes and do laundry.  A gardener would be nice and someone to get food if the cook needs stuff.  I have days where I don't want to stop sewing and I even forget to eat when I'm really into a project.  It just feels wonderful to make things. 

The saying for the day...
"People treat you the way you let them treat you."
Took me a while to figure that one out.  Stop taking crap from people if you don't want it!  Don't let them walk all over you.  Hang out with nice people that have the same interests.  Don't waste time with people who just bring you down.  Find quilters who are fun.  They are the best!  We get excited about making things that comfort the world.  You can always use another quilt and friend.
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment