Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's done!  I can't get the pictures to do what I want tonight.  But this is the wonderful postage stamp quilt.  Got the binding done just a minute ago.  It's soft and so sweet. 

Here's a close up of a couple of the centers.  They are different quilting designs.  Because there was a piece of linen in there instead of a batting, there is no loft in the quilting.

All the little fabrics are so pretty.  It had to have taken sooooo much time to cut all those out.  They didn't have olfa cutters back then.  So each little square had to be cut out with sissors.  It was machine pieced.  But still had to have taken a very long time.  It's 65" x 45". 

I have the next one basted and another waiting for attention!  That's not counting mine. 

I got the car sensor changed out today.  Yea.  I love it when the things on the car all work right!  You can't just put duct tape on things now and expect it to be ok.... Then I went to bee.  Lots of laughing today!  Not many people, but still a very good time!  Next week is the SMQ guild meeting.  So I'll show the postage stamp quilt! 

I guess graduation is going on this week!  Plenty of signs up around town and new cars on the road with the "paper plates".  Also had a party truck leaving the neighbor hood a minute ago... so I expect the traffic to and from the party site will pick up later.     

Not much energy tonight, so will turn in early.  Just want to get alittle more stitching done on the blue one.....
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment