Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Guess who got a new sweater?  Made by Melody.  So to her blog and you can see how she made it.  Fits pretty good!  Will wear it alot next cold season!  Now look at my quilt below and you can see why I like the sweater so much!

Same kind of blocks!  I'm the monster in the middle!  Playing with colors! 

Close up of the blocks and you can see I was having fun with all different size strips and blocks.  I made that in a February about 2 years ago.  I hate the grey of winter. 

this is one of Candace's quilts.  I think it's an Elvis fabric in there. 

Here's one that most people haven't seen.  The Out of Towners last quilt we made.  "Sour Grapes."  I hand quilted the whole thing.

It is silk pineapple blocks on fabric foundation squares.  Cotton batting.

Ended up being very big and shiny. 

While visiting Candace in Florida about 2 years ago, We came across a building that was getting a mosaic done outside!  It looked like it was going to cover the whole side!  Wonderful lines to it!

Need to go back and see how it turned out.

Tone and Candace in a town that had all the sides of buildings painted with murals.  Those were outstanding! 

I love to travel and see what is out there.  Go see good friends and poke through shops.  I'll be going up to see my sister in New Hampshire next month.  We always have a good time.  Plenty of antique shops up there.  Mini golf, movies, eating, hiking, and there is part of an older house that looks like a castle that we are going to go find.  I want to go up in a hot air balloon.  That's on my bucket list.  I'm scared of heights so it's something that I have to make myself do.  But it looks like the views would be spectacular.  Got to try it.  Laura wants to do zip lines.... Mmmm?  Speed I can handle if I'm driving.  Not sure how to handle speed and height together.  whoa....

Busy day today.  Went and saw some friends who are going through alot of medical stuff.  They are getting better, but it's always tiring.  Then a coffee at Books A Million, food shopping, and lunch.  Then paperwork....tun-ta-da dun.... it's done, or most of it.  I hate doing that stuff.  There is a newer version of Quicken on that computer downstairs.  Damn.  couldn't find the reconcile button!!!  Or the delete.  Did come up with some pretty fancy swearing.  So I did as much as I could before my head would explode.  Then I got to quilt! 

Started working on the lastest one to come in.  The postage stamp/Irish chain one.  It's going to take a while.  Quilting in the ditch between every square, and they are 1" square.    So there you have a wonderful day ending with the sweater coming in the mail!   

Take care.  Patty

2 comments:

  1. What a fun sweater! Lucky you to get a hand knit garment from Melody. I enjoyed seeing the other quilts, too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy CostelloTuesday, May 08, 2012

    I liked the sweater too.

    ReplyDelete