Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Missed a day or two of blogging.  So maybe I was in fantasy land again... This is the tutu I made after seeing the one that Nellie made for her granddaughter.  You fold up the tulle netting and take apart flowers, put the pieces into the folds, and they move around when you dance.  Do I wear this?  Yes, I do.  Not "in public" as my son would say.  But to the July ice cream social at the guild meetings.  Whatever.  If you can't laugh at yourself, what fun are you having?!

It's been busy around here and not neccessarily creatively.  I did get the one out of the frame and onto the table to finish quilting out to the edge.  So the one on the table had to get done enough to move out of the way and still be in a spot in construction that I could move it.  So there was work, but not exciting..... sometimes that's the most you can hope for.  Progress is not always pretty or fun.  Like binding.  Not the most fun.  So?  What different ways do you finish the edges?  Nellie puts yarn on the edges of her pieces.  Looks really cool.  I have tried it a couple of times.  I'm not as steady at putting it on, so mine look wonky in places.  Kind of goes with my outfits?!

Saw Nadia at her lecture last night and had dinner out with her and a couple of friends.  She leaves tomorrow to go up to the Northwest and eventually, back to Tunisia.  So she said she would update the blog when she gets home and sorts through weeks of pictures.  Look for that at Multicoloredpieces.blogspot.com 

Well I better get the day started!  It's a work day at home!  YEA!  Love these!  Throw the laundry into the dryer and get busy playing.  Patty

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

No comments:

Post a Comment