Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Some of the same blues are in the next quilt.  Since I had so many out, I figured to keep going.  I mean, we buy all this pretty fabric, let's keep cutting and sewing up quilts!

I cut 2 strips from each fabric, 1 1/2" wide.  You sew together 2 panels.

Then you start to cut out the circular parts and place them up on the board.  I will be cutting other solid pieces out also.  Only cut out of one panel so far.  Now my eyes and back need a rest.  I used to keep going.  I would be so into the process I wouldn't listen to my own body.  Now I have to or I'll pay for it tomorrow! 

So far, I'm loving the effect of the black and white in there.  The pieces will get moved around as I add to it.  It was raining today, so I just quilted at the frame first, then worked on sewing the strips together.  Tomorrow is monday, and I have the routine things to do in the morning.  Then get organized to go talk to the local guild!  "It's ok to be Creative" is the title to this lecture.  Want to get people excited about trying to do their own thing!  Yea!

May all your stitches be tiny!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment