Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I had to reroll and move quilts around so I put up this on in the hallway now.  I love this one.  It's the "3rd Day of the Universe".  Pieced background, appliqued blue circles to represent planets, and the overlay of the black with the circles cutout and appliqued down.  I had to machine quilt in the black.  That was suiting fabric (and on the back).  Too thick and stiff to hand quilt through all those layers!  I did hand quilt within the open circles.  It won the theme in the Pennsylvania Extravaganza show a few years ago! 

this one is an exchange in Thursday bee, of flowers.  Can you tell which flowers were mine?  This is up in the bedroom now. 

Yesterday was NOT a nomal day.  Went to a funeral in the morning.  I'm not good with those.  But it was important to go.  So I went to lunch with a very good friend later, who is a great listener, and she brought me a cupcake to help cheer me up.  Which it did!!!  We walk around shops after late lunch, and I got another hat.  Love hats!  This is a nice soft wool hat. Want to see it on?!

Ta-Da!  Brenda said I just need the violin case with the tommy gun in it... ok, just the case.  I always wanted a guitar case to carry my clothes in it.  People will ask if you play, and the answer is no.  But it looks great when you carry it around! 

As you can tell by the clock, it's 5:30am.  I woke at 2:30 and rolled around until almost 4am.  Just haven't been sleeping long hours at night.  But 4 1/2 is not enough.  I got up anyways and have started the day early.  Sheets and a couple of blankets have been washed and are in the dryer.  Plenty to do today that is not sewing.  Terry will be home tuesday and I have to go through the files to get papers out for taxes... bleck. But that's my part.  Then he puts the numbers in the right places in turbo tax. 

As you can see in my bathroom, I love color in there too!  Used to have over 200 scrubbies hanging from the curtain hooks.  Then the rod started to bend, so I had to decrease.  The flamingo found it's way in there.  Too cute! 

Well, I'd better vacuum and get the yucky things out of the way.....or I could just sew for a while?!  Yea, that's the ticket.  More later if I don't take a nap! 

Quilting is the rhythum of my soul.

Patty

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Patty. Your 3rd day quilt is lovely and your blue circles quilt is going to be a knock-out! I'm looking forward to visiting Knoxville in April, btw.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete