Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Keebler Elfs... Maybe not.  But it was Terry and Leslie.  We got over to England and Scotland last April.  It was wonderful.  This is up in Scotland at one of the castles' gardens. 

This is the view from the bedroom at Leslie's house over looking the north sea.  Absolutely gorgeous! 

This is the "main"road in Crawton, where Leslie lives.  All 4 houses are here.

Then you go down to the beach.  It's all stones, not sand.  the wave action has rounded them all.  It really was beautiful.

this was the "junk"shop that we went to.  There were about 4 or 5 buildings and table after table of stuff.  Now they don't call it junk, I'll have to ask Leslie what the name of it was again.  Found some interesting things there!

This is Leslie's house.  We stayed upstairs where the 3 windows are.  The sliding glass doors are into the kitchen.  So we sat there every morning watching the sun come up over the water.  There's no trees there.  The winds that come up from the North Sea will just beat a tree down before it can grow.  So only a few bushes can get about 3' high.

And in England, my in-laws did get me to the castle where they filmed some of Harry Potter's movies!  This is the one where they did the flying lessons on the grounds.  It is the biggest castle I think I have ever been to. 

Here's another part of it.  Just amazing.

So why pictures of a trip today.  Well, I am still working on appliquing sheep on the same quilt.  How many pictures can you take of that.  I can get on one or two sheep a day.  I also quilted about 2 1/2 hours on the one in the frame.  Not great for pictures.

I also can't stand all the gray days in winter, so I do go back and look through pictures of trips that we have taken.  Mostly I go to quilt shows, car events, and my sister's house.  Love that trip.  Long drive, but I do love to drive.  And we are planning on going over to England again, but not this year. 

We also are planning on finishing up more on the house.  Anyone who owns a house knows that it's a never ending process.  We did finish off the basement.  And then did about 1/2 the upstairs.  Now we still have to work on the 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  Not looking forward to the mess, but when that's done, it's wonderful. 

I do want to thank everyone who comes and reads my blog.  I was surprised to see so many people from other countries read this!  I am really begining to realize how easy it is to get information around the world. 

Ok, back to quilting!  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment