Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Here are the sheep all together!  Turned out cute....Mmm.?  Needs something else...

Closer up of the bottom corner.

Top corner....

Middle panel...Got it!

Add more sheep!  Have the perfect fabric for the bodies, and cut out the head and ears...

I have just placed them around in the more open spaces.

Then what do you do with any left overs?  Well you make one or two more little ones!

The sheep are appliqued on and it's basted ready to quilt.

Here's the smallest one.  (picture changed colors on me for some reason.)

And here it is appliqued and in a frame ready to quilts.  They really are cute. 

I had a couple of very productive days around here seeing as how I as snowed in and then it was just too cold to go out and about.  When I'm in the sewing room with all the lights on and the iron, it's nice and warm.  I make some of the most colorful quilts in the winter time.  I just don't like all the gray outside. 

Tomorrow will be a little quilting, then cleaning and catch up on paperwork.  It's time to start getting things organized for the up coming tax crap.  And I have to have my stuff ready to go when Terry is home.  We do the taxes together.  I bunch things together and he puts the numbers in the right places.  It's worked for 30 years.  That and turbo tax.... (and excedrine)

I also worked a few hours at the frame.  Hard to take pictures of that progress.  It is the slow part, so 2 or 3 hours of stitching doesn't look like much. 

I also found the fabric for binding the last quilt, that is done now.  I knew that would happen.  I had kept that fabric off the shelf so I wouldn't cut into it and have it just for the binding.  And then I put it somewhere so safe that I couldn't find it. 

Ah, well.  It'll fit into something else along the way.  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment