Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Aren't 9 patches fun! I love to work with them.  Have with the sheep, but this started it all.  Started it about 3 or 4 years ago.  My stuff seems to get put to the side alot.  I work on customers things first, and I also have so many going at one time, that there's no way I'll get them all done the same year they got started.  My theary is, get it started!  Then you won't forget to make it later.

9 patches with Cats!  Aren't they cute!  Just loved the panel of the cats, but wanted to do something different with them.  No one else will ever have the same thing.

4 patches with daisies.

This was an exchange through thursday bee.  I forget all the rules ont his one.  But you started with a block and everyone had to add something.  I started with the biggest sunflower there.

Ah, the curved piecing class.  That was fun.  I don't like to make straight lines for borders any more.  There was one judge that was really addiment about "straight lines should be straight."  Well you know everyone tries really hard to make them straight.  So now I love to make curvy lined quilts, if for no other reason, than to drive a judge crazy.

I have entered 5 quilts in our up coming show.  I doubt I'll win, but I have fun seeing them up in the show. I have come to the conclusion that I'm here to make everyone else look "normal".  But most people would rather have a good laugh than just be normal! 

I was making labels for quilts today.  Out of all the quilts I took pictures of on tuesday, about half were without labels.  I am determined to get labels on these, and take more pictures when I get these quilts organized.  Let's see how long this idea lasts!  There were 42 pieces in that first session of pictures.... that was only one rubbermaid bucket.  They were small ones.  The bigger ones will take more time to photograph.  Have to set up a stand and change them out.   Why does the boring stuff take longer to do? 

By the way, just a tip... making labels...be sure to spell the titles correctly.  I don't always and then someone will bring it to your attention, and well, what can you say.  Koi fish as opposed to Coi fish.  who knew?    Make the title short and sweet.  If you have to write it in entry forms, you don't want to take alot of time writing, and you want it to fit on the itty bitty line they give you.  The discription line is usually big enough for the title.... But they don't really want a story about the quilt.  Just a cutsy line or two.  If you want to sell the quilt, put on an outrageous price...Why not.  If it sells, you'll make alot of money and people will think they got something of value.  If you put a lower price on it, you lower the value.  I rarely see quilts sell in a show...except one show.  And I sold the quilt for a very, very good price!  Sang all the way home!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment