Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Well, I found this one.  Was my first picture as my profile shot.  This one I made from a silk, hand painted panel I bought at the quilt show in Alace, France.  I went to visit Joni in Switzerland and we drove over to the show.  It was fantastic!  Anyways, these women in Spain hand paint on silk.  The challenge was to take the silk panel and redo/redesign a wall hanging.  Send it back in and they published a book.  I don't know if I won anything in their show.  This ribbon was in Asheville's show or SMQ's show.  I really don't keep track of things  very well.  It was very interesting working with silks.  I put iron on stuff on the back so it would keep it's shape as I worked on it.   I hand couched the yarns onto it and along the edge..  Music is a fun thing to try and interpt onto a wallhanging.  This is "Go with the Flow, Water, Wind and Music"

No comments:

Post a Comment