Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

This is the Hawaiian piece that I finished for a wonderful couple.  He designed it, and I made it!  There is interfacing behind the yellow and red.  They plan on framing it, so I didn't want it to sag later.  I machine zigzagged around all raw edges.  That took alot longer than I had thought it would.  Lots of very small pieces in there!  It's all hand quilted.  Which wasn't easy with the interfacing on the colors. 

I don't remember all the symbols' meanings.  The stories about these were wonderful.  The "people" are warriors of his Hawaiiam tribe.  The sharks are the animal of his tribe.  So I quilted those in at the top and lower right.  There is a sea turtle quilted in the lower left.   I really love this piece.  It is so different from anything else I have ever made. 

I finished the repair and retie quilt also....I will down load the picture of that.  I'm still learniing how to do a blog.  I'm so out of my comfort zone, but it's kind of fun!  So if you have ever thought about doing one, I recommend giving it a try!!!  Then send the link to your friends so you actually get readers in there! 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment